If you want to be in the know about what’s going on at P.A.R.T.N.E.R, you’ve come to the right place.
We will keep you informed with current happenings through:
- Press releases
- News Articles
- Video Gallery
14 Altruistic Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day
Posted on 02/10/2020
Happy Valentine’s Day! This week, we celebrate the love we share for our significant others, families and friends. No matter what your Valentine’s plans are, you can give the most lovely gift by giving back to your community. Check out 14 altruistic ways to celebrate this special day.
1. Send a love letter. This Valentine’s Day, spread the love by sending a love letter but not just to your partner. Write them to other people and organizations in your life that you value. Tell them why they matter, what they mean to you and how much you love them.
2. Run a charity race. Many organizations—local and national—sponsor Valentine’s Day races to raise money. Stay active and give back at the same time by signing up to run for love.
3. Spread some (puppy) love. Animals need valentines too. Check out your local animal shelter to see if they need any volunteers or extra help. Who knows? You may even find a pup or kitten to fall in love with and take home.
4. Buy organic. Love the environment by making eco-friendly choices this week and into the future. If you’re buying flowers for someone, try buying a fresh bouquet at your local market. Not only will you love the Earth a little more, but you also support the community.
5. Donate blood. January may have been National Blood Donor Month, but February is Heart Month so the love doesn’t have to stop. Donate at a local drive to give from the heart to those who need it.
6. Choose fair trade. Buying fair-trade goods not only ensures great quality gifts for your valentine, but also helps support small business owners. Whether it’s chocolate, jewelry or a Valentine’s card, you’d be surprised by things you can find in the world of fair-trade.
7. Remember our military. Don’t forget our military men and women serving overseas who aren’t able to spend the day with loved ones. Send a care package, letter or goods their way to show them you care.
8. Help your neighbor. One easy way to show love this week is to help a neighbor or community member in need. A little effort goes a long way to show you care.
9. Date for charity. Are you single, but still looking for that special someone? Get involved and find a local speed-dating for charity event in your community to meet your potential love while also giving back.
10. Clean your closet. Start spring cleaning early by going through your closet now and donating clothes and household items you no longer need.
11. Support disaster relief. Show you care this week by supporting disaster relief needs in your community and beyond.
12. Give a meal away. Staying in on Valentine’s Day? Why not double your efforts and put together a meal to donate to a local food bank? Not only will you enjoy your night in, but you can be sure you made someone else’s night even more special.
13. Volunteer locally. Want a new date night idea? Volunteer together for a local cause to show your love for each other and the community.
14. Donate your date night. You can also go all out for Valentine’s Day and donate your date night. Take the money you would have spent on a night out and give back to your favorite organizations to see the impact you can make.
For Valentine’s Day, give love to others by giving back. Try out some of these Valentine’s Day tips to truly see love blossom in your life.